The purpose of this course is to emphasize to dental professionals the importance of quickly identifying and treating oral and maxillofacial infections. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Review the host response and basic components of microbiology.
2. Identify the most common odontogenic infections of various origins.
3. Analyze the available antibiotics used in the treatment of oral and maxillofacial infections.
4. Evaluate the prevalence and appropriate treatment of oral fungal infections.
5. Discuss common viral pathogens of the oral/maxillofacial complex and their treatment, with special considerations for immunocompromised patients.
This 5-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.